Thursday, January 30, 2014

Update on the Sleeping Standoff

I had a lot of commiserating and well wishes after my post about Drew's sleeping {or lack thereof} situation. One of the reasons I wrote the post yesterday was encouragement to myself. I knew I couldn't chicken out if I put it on my blog {grin}. And chicken out I did not!

Drew went down super easy {fell asleep nursing}, and I snuck into her room before I went to sleep and sprinkled Lavender essential oils around her in the bed. I was so nervous when I went to bed because I shut both our doors! I woke up a couple of times and looked at the monitor {I always have the volume off because I never need it}, and she was sleeping. The last time I checked was 3:45, and at 4:15 I heard her up and crying. She would go from crying/screaming to chewing on her crib rail to crying to chewing to screaming. The crying spells never lasted more than a few minutes at a time and by 5:00 she was back asleep! And I had to wake her up at 8:20 to get ready for school! It went just about as good as could be expected!

I feel like this just proved the point that it was well past time. It was actually pretty easy on me in the night because A) I was SO tired from the night before, B) she never got THAT worked up {sleep training her for naps was way worse} and C) I knew it was time.

So yay!!!



5 comments:

the blogivers said...

Way to go, mama! Everyone has to wait until they are ready to do that stuff, but it's crazy how quickly most kids catch on!

Dee Stephens said...

woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathryn Bagley said...

Yay!! Good job!! :)

Kathryn Bagley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen M. Peterson said...

Yay! I'm so glad it is going well. I hope it continues to be a success.