Thursday, January 2, 2014

Grow Baby Grow {Drew} - 12 Months

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday, dear Drew,
Happy birthday to you!!

I can't believe it. My baby isn't a baby! {tear} But man oh man has this been a fun year!

*Not really feeling the picture because she wanted all.the.phones!*

Stats:
Weight: 18 pounds, 4 ozs. (25%)
Length: 28.5" (25%)
Head: 18.5" (85%)
Diaper size: size 3 in disposables, 1 snap down in cloth
Clothes size: 9 months at Carter's and 6-12 months everywhere else

This month I honestly feel like not much has changed since last month. Our biggest development is the mastering of walking. Last month, you would take just a few steps at a time but mostly crawl. Then one day {at Babs and Pops' house...where you took your first steps} you just decided you wanted to walk all the time. You still look a little drunk at times and fall down some but you really have nailed it!

You are so busy and into everything!

Just playing with knobs and standing on puzzles.
Can you see T in the background pretending to be a baby? Ha! 

You are starting to pitch fits when you don't get your way. Luckily we can redirect you most of the time but the worst is getting you into our car seat! I have to find something to interest you to get you to sit.

Daddy drop-off day for daycare! {Hence the bottle}

Speaking of bottles, nursing is still going great. We still nurse on-demand so on days we're home you might nurse 15 times with lots of little snacks. If we're out and about, you usually go every 3 hours.


Wagon rides and being outside in general are still top activities.

You still LOVE paper. So many of my books have little crescent sections missing where you ate the paper.

Mom, your work reports are so delicious fascinating!

You still babble all day. No real words yet but some 'mama' and 'dada' {I think you mean 'dada' though} and [CUTE ALERT] say 'woof' when we ask what a dog says.

You have 'sore feet' a lot {meaning you want to be held}, especially if I'm around.

Helping Daddy look at Christmas cards

Another tooth broke through to get the total to 6. At this age, Trent had 8 and was working on his molars. Teething doesn't phase you in the least so far. I'm going to call our amber teething necklace a good purchase.

You love electronics and everything an adult is holding. 


You still wake up once {or twice...grrrr} at night. I said we were going to work on that and haven't. I am a wimp. You are too sweet. And honestly, you legitimately nurse in the night. And given how small you are, I'm not convinced you don't need it.

You take 2 great naps every day - typically 1.5-2 hours. Sometimes longer. 

Eating is going great. You eat 3 meals a day and some snacks. You sign 'all done' when you are finished.

Double-fisting strawberries

Another change this month was you are starting to like books. Only ones you can touch. Babs got you 'That's not my angel' for Christmas and you love touching the pages. We have 'That's not my monkey' from brother and [spoiler alert] we got you 'That's not my panda' for your birthday!

What? I know it's my birthday AND I'm cute!

Happy birthday to you, our sweet girl! Life is amazing with you in it, and I can't wait to celebrate your first birthday on Saturday and share many, many more birthdays together!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday little girl!! I can't believe she's already one! See y'all on Saturday!

Rhonda