Friday, September 27, 2024

Monthly Musings: Back To School: Routines, Recipes, And Fall Fashion

 Another set of fun questions - this time about back to school and fall!


1. What are your best tips for getting into a fall/back to school routine?

Being as organized as possible - which frankly I stink at! BUT I'm trying!! Here's some examples of what's helping us:
  • Doing as much as we can the night before - packing lunches, girls picking out their outfits, backpacks packed up, etc.
  • Using our Skylight calendar to document EVERYTHING as we adjust to new afterschool activities {tumbling for both girls} or new times for existing activities {Paige's Girl Scout meeting changed days/time}.
  • Meal spreadsheet - Brent and I committed to doing better with meal planning, and I have a spreadsheet now to track who is cooking when and what. We have activities almost every night, so we have to be organized here more than ever!
2. Please share your favorite fall recipes. Crowd/family pleasers welcome!

Brent and I LOVE spicy taco soup. We make a non-spicy version that the girls like too, but we prefer the spicy.

3. Favorite fall fashion staples?

Layers! Because our fall isn't very chilly, I would say I dress pretty similarly and just add a cardigan or light-weight jacket. And I also love a themed sweatshirt. And a flannel.



4. Favorite part of back to school this year?

Last year we moved schools, and there was so much involved with that. It's nice this year to get back into school and it be a very easy/smooth transition! So I would say my favorite part was that it was so UN-eventful!

Last day of school 2024

5. Do you celebrate Homecoming where you are?

Homecoming is HUGE in Texas, but our kids go to a smaller charter school without a football team, so the homecoming at their school is linked to a basketball game...not as exciting for the kids. But when I was a teenager {and I know it's the case at the traditional schools here} we were all about homecoming and mums!

6. Apple pie or apple cider?

Either! I love sweets and will take them in almost any form!

7. Do the leaves change colors where you live? If so, when?

Maybe 1 in 100 haha. They just mostly turn brown and fall off. {grin}

8. Favorite fall sweet treat? Do you have any recipes to share?

I love my mother-in-law's chocolate pie and pumpkin roll! I've learned how to make both and will definitely make myself sick on Thanksgiving Day with them both.


9. Hayride or bonfire?

I think I would say bonfire because it's nice to be cozy around a fire with a nice cocktail!

10. Movies that give you all the back to school feels?

I can't really think of anything that makes me think of back to school?


0 comments: