Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Life Lately

There have been a lot of fun things happening in our household the last week, so let's look at life lately, shall we?

Friday, as I mentioned, was mine and Brent's anniversary. Well, it's also my BFF's birthday. The last few years we've been able to have a day date and we both really look forward to it. This year we had breakfast together and got massages - it was heavenly. Super annoyed that I forgot to get a picture of us together, ugh. 

My DELICIOUS drink!
And while Kristen and I didn't take a picture, you can see her hand ha!

All the fooooooood! Quite possibly the best pancakes I've ever had, yum.


Then Friday night, Brent and I went out to celebrate our anniversary. We went to a local restaurant we both really like, and there was a bit of a wait, so we sat by the bar and had a drink, and Brent watched the Astros play and I read my book. It reminded me a lot of our honeymoon because the Astros were in the playoffs that year as well, so Brent would watch the games in our hotel room {in French, ha} while I read. It's good to see that fundamentally we haven't changed much, huh?

With our masks down because drinks, duh.

More yummy food.

Happy anniversary, my love!

When I start talking about book club a little too much..,

Saturday Trent had flag football {he LOVES playing, and it makes me so happy to see him happy}. Then we hung out with Kelly and her kids.

When your neighbors are also your besties...

Sunday was a very impressive day of activity for me. Kelly and I usually run once on the weekends. Lately it's been Sunday due to various Saturday sports for our boys. So Sunday we ran 3.5 miles {well, I ran 3.5 miles and she ran 5 ha}. Then later in the day I had an event at jazzercise that was another hour of cardio! 

The funny thing was the weather on Saturday would have been perfect for this event - it was in the 70s and cloudy. Sunday however was 90 and HOT, and we danced for breast cancer awareness {a PINK out party} OUTSIDE. So hot!

My girls had so much fun with the owner's daughter!

Jell-O shots were MUCH needed at the end!

Drew LOVES Sam, the owner

My most active day since having an Apple watch! I burned almost 1,400 calories.

Then, to add to the excitement of a fun weekend, on Monday, my cousin, Hagan, came to town. Her youngest {of 3 boys} is 4.5 and had some doctors appointments in town {they live in Ft. Worth}, and she stayed with us Monday night. I haven't seen her in FOREVER and haven't even met Jackson! The kids LOVED her and Jackson, my parents came over, and we had a great night. We vowed to start making get-togethers a NECESSITY.

Paige and Jackson had a blast swinging.


Note to self: Don't wait until 11:30 to take pictures!

The kids had all of last week off for Fall Break {such a cruel joke after getting them back in live school barely 2 weeks ago}, and Paige was STRUGGLING to go back to school. So I decided to turn her carseat around forward-facing a few months early {4 was my original plan}, and that has definitely helped her excitement level for getting in the car.

Look at that big girl!

What did I tell y'all? It's definitely been a fun few days!


3 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Way to go with all the exercise on Sunday! You looked beautiful for your anniversary dinner and your eyes look amazing on your lunch date with your friend!

Emily said...

Still jealous of your pancake flight. Also love that Brent watches sports while you read; love that relationship dynamic. Also Brent's mask over his eyes while you talk blog bookclub... DYING. Also, a week off school for fall break?! I've never heard of that. Is it because you guys start school so early?

Natasha said...

I'm impressed with your active Sunday. And I don't know if I would have joined Brent in watching baseball or you in reading -- decisions, decisions...!