Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Movie Review: JoJo Rabbit

Trent has been asking for awhile to go see JoJo Rabbit, and when I found out it was nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars, I was so excited to be able to take him!


Plot: A young boy in Hitler's army finds out his mother is hiding a Jewish girl in their home.

Review: Trent and I both LOVED this movie. It was so smartly funny, we both cracked up so much. The plot description isn't the best because the best parts are around JoJo and his imaginary friend, Hitler. The portrayal of Hitler is hilarious, and we laughed so much. Rebel Wilson and Sam Rockwell were phenomenal in their roles too. There were also some really tough parts that were heart-breaking {as to be expected given this is a film set in Germany at the end of WW2}, but JoJo was such an endearing character. GREAT film and totally deserving of its nomination!

3 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

This looks interesting I just can't do this kind of sad stuff! I did see Jumanji yesterday and SO funny! Language was kind of bad but it was hilarious

Emily said...

I have never heard of this movie! It's not even available in our local theaters. Huh!

Natasha said...

I've heard so much about this movie and want to see it. But at the same time, I don't. Ugh -- the paradox...