Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Movie Review: Frozen 2

I planned to take the girls to see Frozen 2 the day after Thanksgiving, but Drew decided to get strep throat instead. With the business of December, it took us until right after Christmas to finally make it to the theater. I was bummed it took us so long but thrilled that Trent decided to come too!


Plot: Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, Olaf and Sven leave Arendelle to travel to an ancient, autumn-bound forest of an enchanted land. They set out to find the origin of Elsa's powers in order to save their kingdom.

Review: We all loved it! My mother-in-law came as well so there were 5 very happy patrons leaving the theater - although I question how much Paige understood ha. I thought the plot was solid, there were lots of laughs {usually caused by Olaf}, and the themes were great. We downloaded the soundtrack as soon as we left and are still listening to it. I daresay I might like this one AND the music better than the original?

Anyone else seen it? What did you think?

4 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

I need to see it but I probably waited too long :(

Erika said...

Oh, I LOVE it, and the soundtrack too!!! Our house is all about "Number Two Elsa," as Millie puts it!! The concept/phrase "do the next right thing" is verrrry useful with a five year old!!!

Emily said...

I'm so glad you did this because I've been so curious! The first Frozen was good and all but I didn't love it like I loved Moana (or, for that matter, the original 20-year-old Lion King lol). But this one really intrigues me and I can't wait to see it. Problem is, Aaron has ZERO interest in seeing it in theaters, so I guess I'll wait for the DVD at the library. SIGH!

Natasha said...

I feel like we had an e-mail discussion about Frozen 2 but I don't know how. I did like it, especially Lost In The Woods. Ha!