Tuesday, November 4, 2014

My Favorite Fall Recipe

It's fitting that today's November Blogathon topic is about a fall recipe because today a cold front blew it! It's raining and getting cold!! I am a big soup person, but I married a man who is not. Boo. I would eat potato soup in August if my family would eat it too. So my favorite recipe that is a success in our family is probably taco soup. Brent likes it spicy, so this go-to has to be modified for the kids, but we've had this with friends, and it's a success with everyone!



Spicy Taco soup:
2 pounds ground beef
2 cans hot Rotel*
1 can corn
2 cans pinto beans (I've done pinto and kidney too to mix it up a little)
1 package ranch dressing powder
1 package hot taco seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
1 medium chopped onion (I usually omit this, ha)

1. Brown meat with chopped onion
2. Add everything else and cook for 20 minutes
3. Eat!  Brent and I put it over crackers or tortilla chips with shredded cheese.  Delish!!!

This version makes a lot.  I will eat it for a week solid.  Cut in half if you prefer, but I will think you are crazy if you do!

*I actually puree the Rotel with my hand mixer because I hate tomatoes, and this way I'm eating them instead of picking them out, and I think it helps make more of a soupy texture.

If you've got a favorite fall recipe, I'd love to have it - I am slowly trying to build a better set of recipes. One of my goals for working from home is to cook more. We'll see if I succeed at that! #NovemberBlogathon

2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Taco soup is my FAV soup ever!! I like adding tortilla chips, sour cream, and cheese to the top of mine! :)

Karen M. Peterson said...

That sounds super yummy!