Monday, November 17, 2014

I'll See You Around...Around My Hometown

Today's November Blogathon topic is to talk about your hometown or current city. I have pretty much lived in central Texas my entire life. I've bounced around a few cities, but with the exception of my 5 years in college {Gig 'em}, central Texas is home. And what a home it is!

This picture pretty much sums up central Texas.

There's pretty much everything you could ever want to do here in central Texas.

Food - BBQ and Mexican - you'll die a happy person eating those 2 meals. You can't go a block without finding one or both.

Activities - everything from 6th Street to shopping in Boerne or Fredericksburg. Wineries, Mt. Bonnell, the state capital, Lady Bird Johnson wildflower center, the bats that fly out every night, the Bob Bullock Texas History Museum...the list goes on and on!

My person favorite thing about central Texas is the bluebonnets. I still absolutely die over this picture of the trio...before they were part of the quintet.

And that's a bit about my hometown! Errrr...home 'area'! #NovemberBlogathon




3 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

I miss Austin..and Chuy's :)

Dee Stephens said...

Haven't been to Austin since after college.
I have always wanted to see the bluebonnets.

Karen M. Peterson said...

What a great place. I *may* be trying to head to Austin for SXSW in March...