Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Movie Review: Magic in the Moonlight

I hope everybody had a great Labor Day weekend. I got a 4-day weekend and it was great! Lots of family time and a few activities out and about with girlfriends. Pretty perfect. One outing was to go to a movie with my movie date. {I really need to give Allison her own tag, huh?} Both our birthdays are in August, so we try to go out together for our birthdays. This year, we saw the latest Woody Allen film, Magic in the Moonlight.


SummaryA romantic comedy about an Englishman brought in to help unmask a possible swindle. Personal and professional complications ensue.

Review: Allison and I both loved this movie. The summary really tells you nothing, but I think that's good - the plot is so unique. It was offbeat but funny. The characters were kooky but lovable. It was funny, silly, witty - overall we both loved it!

3 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

I wish I enjoyed seeing movies, but it's kind of a winter thing for me. In the Summer I want to be out and about, not watching a flick unless it's raining.
Call me cray cray... i know :((

Dee Stephens said...

I wish I enjoyed seeing movies more. I'm much more into that during the Winter vs. Summer. Love watching movies around the holidays!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I'm glad to hear you liked it. The reactions I've heard have been mixed, but I still want to see it. I may not like Woody Allen as a person, but I generally really like his movies.