Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Recipe: Chicken Pesto

My friend, Kelly, gave me this recipe years ago.  I totally forgot about it until I was looking for a new recipe to try.  How I didn't make this before now is completely unknown to me.  It's super easy and delicious!

CHICKEN PESTO


1 jar store bought pesto
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
breadcrumbs
2 slices provolone cheese, cut in half
½ (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (I don't like mushrooms and didn't use.)


1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray rectangular dish (9 by 12 inch) with no-stick spray.
3. Moisten chicken with water, shake off excess, and coat completely with bread crumbs.
4. Place chicken in baking dish.
5. Spread pesto sauce evenly over chicken breasts.
6. Cover each breast with ½ slice of provolone cheese.
7. Spread mushrooms over cheese.
8. Bake in oven for 45- 50 minutes.
9. Serve with pasta.

Delicious!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

LOVE THIS RECIPE!!! So easy and everyone loves it! Glad you made it!!