Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Birthday Party Fit for a Rockstar

Yay!  Trent's party was a huge success.  We had a great day, lots of great friends and family, and we now have amassed quite a collection of trash trucks.  My son is in heaven (and even napped w/ a trash truck today). {Grin}

Decorations!!  The lovely lady on Etsy who made Trent's invitation also made the banner and cupcake toppers.  She has some super cute stuff and was amazing to work with!  And I LOVE how everything turned out.  I didn't intend for my colors to match 4th of July, but it kind of worked out well that way!

The cake!!!!!  I plan to devote an entire post to this cake alone (get excited!).  I am SO proud of how this turned out and especially proud that I MADE this for my son!  It was truly a labor of love!  And thanks to Aunt K Dub, Aunt Patty, and Dena for their parts in helping create this masterpiece!

Aunt Patty gave the Birthday Boy his own guitar!  He was in heaven (and nicely reminded Babs that it was 'his guitar'.)  He directed me to play drums.

Final party prep for the special boy - what rocker would be complete without some crazy colored hair?  My parents do NOT like the mohawk but I really think he looks even more adorable (which I didn't think was possible)!!
{Sidebar - he was upset while I was spraying his hair because he couldn't get his goldfish into his mouth.  Ha!}

My blue-haired rockstar
  
 Trent being sweet to Blair!!!!!!  I meant to take a pic of the 3 cousins...best laid plans, I guess!  I don't think we have one of the 3 of them yet!

Happy birthday to you, Trent!

For the boy who wouldn't eat his cake on his 1st birthday, he made up for lost time this year!  (Look closely and you'll see I have blue hair too!)

Presents!!  Lots of trash trucks and boy was he happy!

And the perfect ending to a party?  Time outside with adoring godparents!

After all my hard work, no one could eat much of the cake because Trent dug into most of it.  Ha!  Can you see the little fingerprints??

A happy family after a successful day! 

Thanks so much to everyone who made his party so special.  We love our little guy so much and are so happy he is so loved!


8 comments:

Kelly said...

It was a GREAT party! You did a fabulous job and Trent had a blast! It was so good to see you and your family too! :)

Melissa said...

His little face is so cute! I just want to squeeze him

Katie @ Modern-Day Family said...

fun! so very cute! Good job mom!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you did an awesome job!! Trent looks adorable. Wish we could have been there too. Great job Mom! LL

the blogivers said...

(in reference to your comment on my post) Just for the record, you totally don't look like you are carrying around 10 extra pounds :) Although that probably doesn't mean much coming from me since I didn't know what you looked like before - regardless, you look great!

Also, looks like you did you a great job on the party! You should start hiring yourself out to people :)

the blogivers said...

Now for another response :) we had him sleeping in the pack-n-play next to our bed (he was actually in a Moses basket in the pack-n-play, because we also had diapers, wipes, etc. in there). He is (thankfully) a really good sleeper, so we decided to move him to the crib on Sunday. I was a little sad because I thought he would be lonely, which I know is ridiculous, but he didn't seem to notice that we weren't there :)

Katie @ Modern-Day Family said...

you did such a great job with the party! I LOVE the invitation and Trent's mohawk!

Katie @ Modern-Day Family said...

and now i just saw that i commented twice on this post and feel like a total douche! haha I'm going to play the exhausted mommy card on that one.