Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Post Fit for a Princess

I didn't think I'd be as hyped up over the Royal Wedding as I ended up being.  I didn't set my alarm to watch and {gasp} I even forgot it was even happening when I got up Friday morning.  I quickly devoured just about everything online I could to quickly catch up!  I have read a lot of great posts about the royal wedding, and it seems that everyone (like me) thought it was breathtaking and reminded us all of our young dreams that maybe someday we could be a princess! {grin}

Getting ready

Thoughts - Pippa looks gorgeous, how incredibly fun to be one of those little kids, Prince Harry gets more and more handsome as time goes by, and David Beckham is even more adorable while rubbing his baby {girl} bump.


Details of the Princess-to-Be 

Thoughts - I mean seriously.  GORGEOUS.  Every detail was spectacular.  I love that her dress is a little retro (Grace Kelly - one of the prettiest brides of all time) yet modern too, I love that she's wearing one of Queen Elizabeth's tiaras (and a tad jealous), her train is beautiful without being too long, again Pippa looks gorgeous, makeup and hair look flawless.  I'll say it again.  GORGEOUS.


The Ceremony

Thoughts - I know some people don't like traditional ceremonies, but I am all about tradition (hello I'm an Aggie who had a full Catholic mass when we got married, kinda goes without saying), so I loved the uniforms, hats, vows, procession, all of it!  And how cute are The Queen and Prince Phillip?!?!


After the Ceremony

Thoughts - More pomp!  I can't say it enough how handsome this couple is!  I think Prince William is just adorable and can't imagine a cuter couple.  I must say though the first kiss was just a little chaste.  I am not saying there should have been tongue or anything, but I was hoping for a little more oomph!


The After Party

Thoughts - Pippa is gorgeous. {grin}  How stinking good looking is William in a tuxedo?  Yowza!  I used to think Prince Charles was not attractive, but as he gets older I do think he looks more dashing.  Maybe being in a happy marriage agrees with him?  And Kate's party dress?  LOVE IT!!!  Not more than her wedding dress...but just as much in a different way.


Final verdict?  If you can't tell - I LOVED it all!  I did think often of Princess Diana and think how horrible it would be to get married without your mother.  I'm sure she was looking down on her son and his new bride with a lot of love and pride!

All pictures from people.com


5 comments:

Kelly said...

I agree with everything you said! I thought everything looked amazing and classy and just so "royal!" I loved both dresses and I love that picture of Kate and William at the alter smiling at one another!

This is kind of off topic but don't you think that Pippa looks older than Kate. I googled it and was shocked that Pippa is the younger sister.

Anonymous said...

Was wondering when you were going to post on the wedding. Didn't watch it but have to say her dress was beautiful! -Allison

Anonymous said...

Two comments from the peanut gallery:

1. Princess Letizia of Austurias (sp?) looked great I thought. Her outfit would be the one I would wear if I was going to the event.

2. Cousin's of the groom, Eugenie & Beatrice looked AWFUL! Seriously, they are the ugly stepsisters straight out of a production of Cinderella!

Erin said...

I actually didn't watch it :/, but I have enjoyed seeing all the pictures. She was an absolutely stunning bride!

Anonymous said...

My partner and I stumbled over here by a different web
address and thought I may as well check things out.
I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking into your web page again.

My web page Next Page