Friday, April 29, 2011

Review: Water for Elephants

Allison and I haven't seen a movie together since our rush to watch all the Oscar films.  I was definitely missing her and hadn't seen her latest addition - her BABY BUMP!!!  (And - SQUEAL - I know what she's having!!)  So we decided to go see 'Water for Elephants' last night.

Plot: A veterinary student abandons his studies after his parents are killed and joins a traveling circus as their vet.  {From imdb.com}


Review: The movie got mixed reviews, but Allison and I both really, really enjoyed it.  I haven't read the book yet (but intend to), but Allison had, so we definitely had different expectations going into it.  We both got sucked into the allure of the circus, the craziness and cruelty of August (the Ringmaster and hubby to Reese Witherspoon's character), the spark between Jacob and Marlena, the adorableness of Rosie the elephant and the excitement of the plot.  By the time it ended, we had both shed a few tears (Allison can blame hers on pregnancy hormones, I cannot) and had big smiles on our faces.  I can't wait to read the book now! 

AND as an added bonus?  Robert Pattinson looks so much better alive than dead. {grin}

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Allison's pregnant?! WHAT?! Congratulations to her!!!

I will see this movie eventually but honestly I hate Reese Witherspoon so that kind of ruins it for me. (I know I know...I am probably the only one who doesn't like her)

Anonymous said...

Love Reese! Don't like Robert, though I liked him in this movie. Glad we got to hang out. Two thumbs up. - Allison

Val said...

Robert is my man. I bet he does look better alive. I can't wait to see this. Maybe Missy and I need a date night!! :)