Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sick Sick Sick

We've had a rough couple of days.  Trent is sick.  During the day, other than running a fever, you'd never know he was sick.  At night, he cries and cries (not all night but for easily an hour or two) or can't get comfortable.  Saturday night I actually put him in bed with me (Brent was out of town), which I've never done before.  Well, yesterday his fever spiked at 103 (after taking ibuprofen) and last night he was crying uncontrollably.  I felt so helpless as a mommy.  And of course Brent and I were gripey with each other (mainly because I won't listen to his advice...there I admit it...).  I finally called the on-call nurse to see if we needed to go to our pediatrician's after hours clinic.  She thought it sounded like an ear infection that could wait until the morning.  So I got Trent back to sleep, got myself into bed and 45 minutes later had him in bed with him.  He slept pretty good after that because I had him propped up on my chest (which I think relieved some pressure in his ears), but I, of course, slept little to none worrying about him, meaning today at work I look
GORGEOUS.  So we went to the doctor bright and early this morning and the diagnosis...double ear infection (with pus and everything!) and tonsilitis/strep throat.  I am not always about antibiotics given Trent's history with them, but I couldn't get to the pharmacy fast enough today!  In my mind I keep saying I want to do research about general health and wellness for Trent (and our family) to try to prevent some of this stuff.  But I wait until he's sick to think about it, and then I feel terrible.  Well, I got my act together and finally started asking some questions to start figuring out my 'plan' to hopefully prevent this junk from happening again to my precious baby.  There is nothing as bad as a sick baby.


3 comments:

Natalie and Lee said...

Came across your blog.... Loving it but so sorry about the sickness!! Praying for recovery!!

Jaclyn said...

ooooh, poor Trent and poor Mommy! I hope he feels better soon and you are able to get some sleep.

Kelly said...

Poor Trent and poor you!! Sometimes antibotics are just what needs to be done. Poor thing!