Friday, April 8, 2011

Extreme

I just watched 'Extreme Couponing' on TLC.  Wow.  Have you seen it?  I have a few thoughts about people who do this.

1. It takes A LOT of time and dedication (that I don't have).  One woman spends 70 hours/week couponing.  Seriously?
2. While I respect what they're doing, is it just me or do they buy a lot of stuff they don't even really need?  One guy had like 150 years worth of deodorant and then bought MORE deodorant during the show.
3. Almost nothing 'fresh' is bought using these coupons (and of course you can't buy 150 years worth of fresh lettuce).
4. I thought maybe I could learn a thing or two.  I did.  I learned I don't want to extreme coupon.

5 comments:

The Krause's said...

I have the same issue with couponing...I want fresh food and that doesn't work out. That's a lot of deodorant hahaha

Kelly said...

I just think that is riduculous! I mean 70 hours a week? Silly. I think coupons are great when you use them on things you will use and need. But using them just for the sake of using them seems pointless to me.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you!! It's like they are hoarders with groceries. Yes, it might be free, but if you don't use it then it is just a waste of your time and space. ~Carrie

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY agree. I am a coupon clipper, but only use them for things I would buy anyway. I kept thinking two things: 1)all the food items they bought were processed and sugary crud. 2) why don't they donate all the extra stuff to shelters (like the deoderant).

Erin said...

i waited in line at target for more than 15 minutes with only 1 woman ahead of me. the lady was using coupons. like 813 of them. and of course, half of them didn't work so they had to be entered in manually. i decided in that moment that i wouldn't be an excessive coupon user. sure it might save me a little money, but it's gonna piss off people waiting in line behind me and that's just too stressful..