Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Currently: Anticipating

There is a lot of stuff out right now in the literary/movie world that I am super excited about.  Some is new, some is new to me, but I'm excited regardless!

Dead Reckoning - the latest book in the Sookie Stackhouse (aka True Blood) series.  I caught on late to this series but devoured the first 10 books and can't wait for it to be my turn at the library!


The Help - so a million people have blogged about loving this book, and I kept thinking it was more of a self-help book.  Then I saw the movie preview (and yes, I'm also excited about the movie) and realized it wasn't!


Thor - Allison and I saw the preview for this and both laughed.  I have changed my tune.  It has gotten great reviews, Chris Hemsworth is very handsome, and I love Natalie Portman.


Something Borrowed - I read this book and loved it!  (I have read all of Emily Giffin's book and think she is a fabulous writer.  If you like 'chick lit', all her books are great!)  I can't wait to see the movie!


Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - Allison and I saw the first 3 together and while we thought they got worse as they went along, we are committed to seeing them all.  So I am not super excited about this one, but from what I've read it gets away from how complicated/intricate the 2nd and 3rd storylines got, which is much needed IMO.  P.S. - Can you believe Johnny Depp will be 48 next month?  Wow.


The Hangover II - I am so excited for this movie!  I loved the first one SO much and will always remember it as the last movie I saw before having Trent (aw how naive I was then...).


What are you looking forward to?


3 comments:

In This Wonderful Life said...

your comment on Katie's blog cracked me up :) I totally know what you mean, though!

I really liked The Help and look forward to the movie! I haven't reading Something Borrowed but REALLY want to see that because I love Kate Hudson, haha.

Kelly said...

I am kind of confused about the Pirates movie...Keira Knightly and Orlando Bloom aren't it in huh? That makes me sad..I love them!

plauschinat said...

I didn't realize The Help was coming out soon? Something Borrowed differed a lot from the book but was good, John Krasinski was hilarious. The Hangover is on the agenda this weekend and HP next month!