Monday, January 15, 2024

Movie Review: Anyone But You

Allison and I ended 2023 in a drought of no movies for way too long. We hadn't seen a movie together since Barbie in July, WHAT?! I vow to not let 2024 go down the same way! But we remedied that drought on Thursday of last week, when we saw Anyone But You.


Plot: After an amazing first date, Bea and Ben's fiery attraction turns ice cold--until they find themselves unexpectedly reunited at a destination wedding in Australia. So they do what any two mature adults would do: pretend to be a couple.

Review: Gosh this was just about the perfect rom com! Was it predictable? Yes. Was it cheesy? Yes. Did Allison and I both leave the theater happy? Yes! We both really love Glen Powell {he's a native Texan!}, and he was just so cute in this. I will say there was more nudity than I was expecting so just a warning if that's going to bother you, but overall super cute!


2 comments:

Natasha said...

Is it based on a book? Can I read it?!?!?!?

Kathryn Bagley said...

Oh I want to see this!