Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Book Results: 2023

Year-End Book Review time!! Yay! I love looking at how my reading shook out over a whole year. My stats don't look all that different from last year - I know what I like I guess. {grin} I did find my audiobook #s continue to grow, which means my overall books read grows which I love!

Enough talk...here's how the books broke down!

Book Goal: 100
Books Read: 130 - my highest # ever, yay!

Physical Books: 26 {20%}
eBooks: 71 {55%}
Audiobooks: 33 {25%}

Fiction: 100 {77%}
Nonfiction: 30 {23%}

Female author: 107 {82%}
Male author: 21 {16%}
Nonbinary/unknown: 2 {2%} 

White author: 102 {78%}
POC author: 27 {21%}

Genres [I choose these myself and can give a book more than 1 so this won't add up to 130 for anyone checking my math and honestly some I didn't give anything past 'fiction' if I couldn't pin it down]:
  • Chick-lit: 23
  • Romance: 30
  • Biography/Memoir: 19
  • Culture/Gender/Sexuality: 4
  • YA: 7
  • Fantasy/Sci-fi: 17
  • Thriller/Mystery: 5
  • Historical fiction: 19
  • WW1/WW2 {subset of historical fiction}: 3
  • Educational: 8
  • General Fiction: 18
And my favorites of the year! This year felt a little lower for 'great reads' for me - in 2022 I had 25 of 123 books being 5 stars. In 2023, it was 14 of 130. So some of these were my favorite of the month but wouldn't qualify as an overall favorite and some overall favorites didn't win the month because of another favorite - if that makes sense. Like Fourth Wing beat out Romantic Comedy but I would include both as a favorite for the year.


This was my absolute favorite of the year though - 
months later I am still thinking about it!
Such a powerful book!!

I'm really excited to see what 2024 brings from my favorite hobby!


2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

At our BC meeting for December the girls were talking about their goal was to read about a book a week (around 52). I wanted to brag on you so bad and be like umm my friend reads well over 100!

Natasha said...

I don't know if I've ever read "Roots." And I should probably listen to an audiobook one of these days...