Friday, January 26, 2024

2023 Resolutions Check-In

 PHYSICAL GOALS

1) Improve Flexibility - This one is hard to measure, but I 100% did improve my flexibility! I can 'see' it when I'm in yoga or stretching at the end of a class. One of our yoga instructors constantly talks about flexibility keeping us young, and I love that and definitely want to keep up with this.

2) Weight Loss - I'm very happy with where I am in my weight loss journey. I'm definitely not done {I would like to lose another 10ish pounds}, but I'm happy with what I achieved in 2023 {20 pounds off} AND keeping it off {although the holidays and early January weren't my friend ha}.

FAMILY/HOUSE GOALS

1) Time with kids/Brent - I don't think I did a very good job of this. I mean I'm with my family every day, but I wouldn't say I truly gave them intentional time. Going to keep working at this!

2) Cleaning every day - Did I do better here? Yes. Did I do as much as I wanted? No. Will it be something I continue to focus on in 2024. YES.

3) Organizing - I failed at this big time. I had a goal to just do a little at a time - clean out a closet here, a drawer there...and I didn't. BUT as I wrote this post, I just got back from taking a truckload of stuff to Goodwill, so this one is carrying forward, and I talked to my therapist about this as well - I really want to declutter this year!

4) Family Vacation - Nailed it! We went to Arizona in the summer and also took a Swope vacation to Port Aransas in August. We are discussing vacations this year, and it looks like the Port A trip is going to be annual, yay!



BOOK GOALS

1) 100 Books - I read 130 books this year, my highest number ever!

2) Physical books cleanup - Did I get rid of some physical books I haven't read but owned for years? Yes. Did I get rid of everything I should have? No, ha. 

3) Goodreads TBR - I had a goal to read my 10 oldest books on my Goodreads TBR. I read 9 of them! There was 1 I couldn't find at any library, and I finally just decided to delete it from my TBR - I didn't want to buy it! It felt good to get this one done.

So that's how 2023 wrapped up - I'm pretty proud of this - I've had way worse years. {grin} Now onward we go!



0 comments: