Monday, December 12, 2022

LJA Holiday Party 2022

This past weekend was Brent's company holiday party in Houston. He's worked for his company for 5.5 years, and the holiday party is definitely a highlight for us. {It helps that he works with 2 of his best friends whose wives are 2 of my best friends, so we have a blast together!}

We have started going up to Houston a day early to enjoy some extra time with our friends. We rode up with Riley and Susie and had dinner at a place right by our hotel called The Grotto. It was DELICIOUS. 
Then we met up with some other co-workers who made it into town at the bar in the hotel. We stayed up way too late and possible overserved ourselves. {grin}


Saturday morning, Susie and I went to get our nails down and then met Brent and Riley for brunch. Later in the day we met up with Dez {she and Derek drove into town Saturday afternoon because they had a family birthday party Saturday morning} to get our hair done.

Being dorks because Brent knew it would make me jealous!

Starting brunch off right

Not to be outdone, nails and Starbucks



Berry Mule and a chai

After we got our hair done we went back to the hotel to get ready - it was party time! I tried to get a few pictures to show my hair off, not sure how successful I was. I'm in this awkward phase of growing out my bangs so had the lady do some braids to pull my bangs back. It was a little funky, but I liked it!


The finished product!

I seriously need Mirror Selfie lessons


Ready to party!


Our table of 10 - plus you can see just how many people are there!
We are at the only hotel in Houston that can handle this many people, crazy.

LJA Wives!

We left about 10:00 AM Sunday morning and rode home with Derek and Dez {Riley and Susie had to rush home for one of their son's first band concert!}

I got my snow globe picture with my boo!
{Also I slept in my braids and they were NOT looking very good ha}

The perfect drink trifecta. Water, a coke, and a cocktail.

And it wouldn't be a road trip without me getting some candy.
I also spent $45 on Christmas decorations and stocking stuffers at the gas station, ha.

The kids had a great time with my parents too!

Snuggling with Babs

Making her flower cards with Pops as her helper

My parents' town also did a mini Trail of Lights they all walked Saturday night!

Reading the Sunday comics with Pops

We had a great weekend, and I'm already looking forward to our summer Houston adventure with LJA - I texted Dez and Susie on Sunday night 'So what are we going to wear in June?' HA!


2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

You looked stunning!

Emily said...

Love your sparkly dress!