Friday, November 6, 2015

November Goals

I am really enjoying having these monthly goals. They might be small or silly, but it gives me something to be aware of and strive for.

Let's check in on how October's goals went:

1. Pumpkin Patch - Welp. This didn't happen. BOO! The 2 times I planned ahead in my mind to go, it was pouring down rain. Luckily, the kids went to the Fall Festival at their school and got to do lots of fun stuff.
2. Plan Something Fun for Our Anniversary - I would say we definitely had a good weekend away! I had hoped for a better activity on Saturday, but too much alcohol on Friday made a nap more important, ha.
3. But Get Back on Track - My plan was to enjoy the weekend and get back to good eating the Monday we were back. It took an extra week, but I am definitely back on track. Yay!
4. 1:1 Time with Kids - Trent and I went to a Star Wars day at our local library where he had a blast, and poor Drew got to go with me to the grocery store {grin}. But it was quality time! I like focusing on giving them intentional time and attention. I definitely want to keep this up.

Star Wars lovin' at the library!

So what's on the agenda for November?


1. Work on eating balance - I am trying to establish what will be my new normal after finishing Whole 30. I think I have a plan, but I want to make sure it's sustainable and realistic. Since Whole 30 is really similar to paleo, I want to eat this way about 90% of the time. I enjoy it, and it makes me feel good - just need to make sure it's manageable!

2. Pick {and start} a new show - Brent and I keep talking about starting a new show but haven't. I miss that time we had in the evening and want it back! We said Breaking Bad, but neither of us has made a move to start it, so maybe we need to think of something else...

3. Get Christmas cards ordered - We have family photos set for 11/15, so that gives me plenty of time to pick a proof and get cards ordered before November is over! Maybe even arrived, addressed, and mailed?!?!

4. Dr. appointments - I was WAY behind on all my annual appointments {some I hadn't had in a few years}. I've slowly been knocking them out, so I want to make sure and get the last couple scheduled ASAP.

5. ENJOY! - Since we are in the midst of my favorite season of the year, I want to make sure and take time to enjoy all the family time and fun stuff we will do! It's easy to get bogged down in 'what am I going to take to eat to this party?' or 'what can I get so-and-so for Christmas?'. I want to really savor this time!

What are you hoping to achieve this month?

2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Finishing DA before the final season starts and really just working on myself :) I think yall should watch SOA!! haha jk

Karen Peterson said...

Breaking Bad! Breaking Bad! Netflix did a study on the most addicting shows and, on average, viewers got hooked on Breaking Bad by the second episode, while most shows usually take about 4-5 episodes.