Friday, October 16, 2015

Eleven

I read the following quite in What Alice Forgot by Lianne Moriarty. I loved this quote and feel like this sums up how I feel about my marriage.

I used to think that when people fell in love, they just landed where they landed, and they had no choice in the matter afterward. And maybe that's true of beginnings, but it's not true of this, now.

I fell in love with him. But I don't just stay with him by default as if there's no one else available to me. I stay with him because I choose to, every day that I wake up, every day that we fight or lie to each other or disappoint each other. I choose him over and over again, and he chooses me.

From here...

To here...

And everything in between...
I choose him, and he chooses me.

Happy anniversary, my love!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Happy Anniversary!!!!! - AP

the blogivers said...

Happy anniversary!!

Kathryn Bagley said...

Happy Anniversary you crazy kids!!

Karen Peterson said...

I love it!

Happy Anniversary to you!