Friday, August 7, 2015

Bandwagon Jumper...Stitch Fix #1

I got my first fix this week and was SO excited. Ever since I filled out my profile and knew an order was on the way, I've been giddy. Whoever thought up Stitch Fix is a genius!

I'm pretty sure most people have heard of Stitch Fix, but if you haven't, here are the highlights:

1. You fill out a very detailed profile on yourself - sizes, preferences, colors you like/don't like, fabrics you like/don't like...very detailed. {I also created a Pinterest board and sent the link in - I saw this was recommended by several other regular Fixers.}
2. Sign up to receive your fix. You can set it to automatically ship {once a month, every other month, whenever} or set it to ship when you ask it to ship.
3. When you receive your fix, decide what you want to keep and return what you don't. You pay a $20 stylist fee up front which goes towards your final purchase, and if you buy all 5 pieces, you save 25%.

That's it!

So without further adieu...my first fix!

I said I like bright colors...I think my stylist hit the nail on the head!

1. Collective Concepts Bethanne Sheer Detail Blouse {paired with my own jeans, ha} - Size S - Status: Returned




I really liked the way this shirt fit and the fun detail of the shoulders being sheer {but not too sheer to where my bra was totally on display}, but I wasn't wild about the print. If this had been a different print, we'd be having a different conversation.

2. 41Hawthorn Breyson Pleated Tab-Sleeve Blouse - Size S - Status: Returned




The color of this shirt was PERFECT. I love coral and it is great on my skin tone. I am pasty white with super dark hair so bold/bright colors definitely are what work best for me. Unfortunately, this felt a little big. I've been really focusing on my eating and health the last month and have noticed some changes in the way my clothes fit so I think by the time fall rolls around, this would be really too big. {Hopefully ha}

3. THML Kahlo Short Sleeve Knit Top - Size S - Status: Returned



I had a hard time figuring out how this shirt fit compared to my dark-ish jeans, so I switched it up and put on a pair of brighter skinny jeans.




I really loved this shirt but again felt it was maybe just a smidge too big? I liked the turquoise detailing and the asymmetrical hem {and especially that it covered my whole bum} but just thought it wasn't a perfect fit.

4. Gilli Liana Maxi Dress - Size S - Status: Kept



 I LOVE this dress. I pinned probably 4 maxi dresses in my Pinterest board, so my stylist got the hint and hit the nail on the head with this one.

5. Octavia Henry Birds on Branch Infinity Scarf - Status: Returned


I really liked this scarf - color and print - and need accessories like this to make me not feel so blah working from home, but I know I can find cute infinity scarves for cheaper.

Results? I just bought one thing but really enjoyed the experience and felt I could have easily bought the whole fix {and gotten 25% off} with just a few tweaks.

If you want to try it, here's a referral link from me - it will get me $25 off my next fix. {grin}

2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

I liked the coral shirt on you! you should have put a long necklace on with it! the dress is super cute!!

Karen Peterson said...

That dress is super cute!!