Sunday, August 23, 2015

As We Approach the Start to School...Deep Thoughts

Drew starts school this week and Trent starts in 1 week. {Yes, they go to the same school, but because Trent is starting in a new class, Lower Elementary which is 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades, they stagger the starts, so he starts a week later.}


First day of school 2014 - weren't they so cute and little?!
And remember how much fun it was living in an apartment? [said no one ever]

I am really hoping that this year we can get into an even better routine than we had last year. It's been so nice having the summer off from a routine. For the most part, the kids have been able to sleep in, stay up late, watch too much TV, have few rules or responsibilities, but I think we're all ready to get back to reality {well, I am - not so sure about the kiddos}.

I want to get up really early {for me} - 6:00 AM. That's tough because Brent is such a night owl, so to spend time with him, I'm easily up until midnight a lot of nights. So I need to get to bed earlier so I can get up earlier! But Brent is gone usually before the kids are even awake, so I have to do everything in the morning myself, so it's super important to be organized - which is not a strength of mine {understatement}.

My goal is to get ready, spend 30 minutes getting my plan for work together for the day, and start breakfast for everyone - all before I get them up for the day.

I think it would be so beneficial to me to start the day off before everyone and get organized, and I want to get the kids up a little earlier to give them time to eat breakfast and play a little before rushing out the door.

I have this vision in my head of how I want to be as a mother, and I usually fail. I think I'm slowly getting to where I want, but I'm not there yet. 

So here's hoping for a good start to the new school year!

5 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

We are all growing and learning to be where we want to be. I think you are a fantastic mother! You are willing to do and try anything that is going to help your children whereas some parents just don't care!

BG said...

Get up and make your husband breakfast!

Karen Peterson said...

It's definitely a process to be the person you want. Be patient with yourself and celebrate your progress!

Unknown said...

I want to get up earlier... and I don't even have kids! I have visions of drinking my morning tea and having quiet time with Jesus on my back porch before work - still has never happened! But I will try along with you!

Anonymous said...

First of all, I'm dying over Brent's comment - haha!! As if! Anyways, I also want to start getting up earlier and doing a few things for myself before they wake up. It's hard though, because I love to sleep! But I think if I get up earlier, the mornings will be less frantic aka there will be less yelling... We're good moms for even worrying and thinking about this. :)
Rhonda