Sunday, March 29, 2015

Movie Review: Cinderella

Movies 2 Sundays in a row? You'd think it was Oscar season. Except for the fact that both movies I saw were 100% mainstream...that's pretty un-Oscar! {grin} Allison and I hit up Cinderella this weekend, and we were both pretty excited to see it.



Plot: When her father unexpectedly passes away, young Ella finds herself at the mercy of her cruel stepmother and her daughters. Never one to give up hope, Ella's fortunes begin to change after meeting a dashing stranger.

Review: We both thought it was absolutely adorable. The whole message of the movie is to 'Have courage and be kind.' I loved the theme of that throughout the movie; Ella always chooses to be positive, courageous, and kind, and I think that is a great message for kids {and grown-ups} to see. I love Lily James {Downton Abbey} and Richard Madden {Game of Thrones}, so that didn't hurt my enjoyment factor either. I would say that Ever After is probably my favorite Cinderella tale {my mother-in-law and I have watched it together too many times to count}, but this one was so, so great!

1 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

I was surprised, but I actually think I may have liked this one better than Ever After. And this is from a girl who LOVES Dougray Scott!