Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I'm not a big celebrator when it comes to St. Patrick's Day. I think I've gone out once in my life to drink beer? {grin} But I do love to wear green and dress up the kids! 

This week is Spring Break, and I could have sent the kids to school, but I felt like Trent needed a break, so I kept them both home. The grandparents are helping out a lot, but I had them home today.

Today we had a few things house-related to do. I made an appointment to get the windows measured for shutters. And what a great day to go to the house because they were cleaning out all the crap - inside and out! It is looking SO good. {I think a post is due soon with another update. Sick yet? Hope not!} The kids were as good as you can expect a 2 and 5 1/2 year old to be, meaning there were quite a few interruptions, but they had fun watching all the progress.

Bobcat hard at work clearing junk out of the yard.
And my little 1/16 {at best} Irish nuggets.

We then had to go back to the flooring store to pick grout for the kitchen backsplash. {Haystack being the final choice.} After that, we got a treat at Starbucks {its symbol is green so that totes counts, right?}.

No green beer or cabbage for us!

After Brent got off work we went back to the house {obsessed much?} to see how the final clean-up was looking. #awesome We took the kids to the park in the neighborhood to play for a bit.

This girl loves to swing!


And the highlight of the day... I saw my first bluebonnet of the year!!!!!!!!! Spring is definitely right around the corner!



Hope everyone had a great time celebrating however you do it up!

1 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

OMG bluebonnets yes!!! and seriously Drew's hair!! love!!