Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Movie Review: Whiplash

As I mentioned in my 'day in the life' post, Allison and I went and saw Whiplash on Friday. This was one I knew nothing about when it got nominated, had never seen a preview, the plot doesn't give anything away... nothing. 


Plot: A promising young drummer enrolls at a cut-throat music conservatory where his dreams of greatness are mentored by an instructor who will stop at nothing to realize a student's potential. {See? Tells you nothing!}

Review: OMG, I loved this movie! If you watch the trailer {here}, you get a little taste of the craziness that is this movie, but it is so much wilder than this. Allison liked it a lot, but I loved it! The whole time my pulse was raising, and I was freaking out. It was intense and dramatic and just so good. The performances were top-notch. I don't think it's had enough mainstream recognition to win Best Picture, and I probably put it second to The Imitation Game as my favorite, but it is really, really awesome.

1 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

I still need to see Whiplash and The Theory of Everything. Probably this weekend since it's the last weekend before the Oscars!