Sunday, October 26, 2014

Weekend Recap: The I 'Thought' It Was Fall Edition

The calendar might say it's fall, but it's Texas, and Texas said 'Kiss my a$$, fall.' It was in the low 90s yesterday. I'll take that any day over 105*, but I'd prefer a little more fall right now if I could get it. 

So Saturday I took the kids outside to play. I still feel like we end up cooped up inside more in the apartment, so we're trying to get creative to get the kids out. The only real complaint I have about our complex is the lack of a playground. So we played in the sand volleyball court.

Twinkies {she took her shirt and shoes off to match her Bubba}

And then we put our feet in the pool.

And then we got all the way in.

Yup, swimming in late October is totally normal right?

We also had a birthday party to go to for my friend Kelly's little boy who turns ONE on Monday! It was a sports-themed party, and she asked me to make the smash cake. 

Football field green with some grass. #nailedit

Kelly and Trey with me and Drew {Trent politely declined a picture.}

Today consisted of house picking up, church, grocery shopping, football watching, and MORE pool time for my crazy kids. Brent took them while I went to the grocery store. It was so relaxing to shop by myself, ha.

Here's hoping fall shows it's face soon!


3 comments:

the blogivers said...

Love Drew's little belly!!

Karen M. Peterson said...

90 degree weather definitely doesn't count as fall! I think it's actually been cooler than that here in So Cal!

Kathryn Bagley said...

I am probably the ONLY person in the south that is LOVING the fact I can still wear shorts!!! lol