Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Book Club Goes to the Movies: Gone Girl

Another installment of 'Book Club Goes to the Movies'! We must do an amazing job of picking books because we have 2 more coming up in the near future of books we read with the group being made into movies!


You can read the plot synopsis and my review of the book HERE if you're so inclined. I enjoyed the movie about as much as I did the book - it's such a creepy, disturbing story with characters you can't really LIKE, but the plot is so unique, good, and twisty...it's hard to not enjoy the movie! Ben Affleck was so great, and I have loved Rosamund Pike since Pride and Prejudice. Lots of great performances that really brought the book to life.

It wouldn't be a book club get-together without lots of talking {after the movie of course} and some alcohol. We finally also got a group picture {minus 2 members}. We also got great news that another book clubber is preggers {after lots of heartbreak}, so we have TWO spring babies coming this year...so far!!

I think the best part is the 'creeper' shadow in the background!


2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Can I please join your club?!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I'm glad you had a great time!

I just read the book over the weekend and loved it. I think Chris and I are going to see the movie this week.