Wednesday, December 26, 2012

D Day

Today is my due date! We made it 40 weeks. At this point in my pregnancy with Trent, I was DONE. Emotionally and physically DONE. I cried on and off my entire due date because I just knew our baby would be early. And he wasn't. And I was huge. And tired. And oh so ready.

Thankfully, this time around, I'm a wee bit smarter and am actually thrilled {mostly} we are still pregnant! There is SO much development that occurs in the last few weeks. Selfishly, I didn't want Trent to be a 'big baby'. Again, how silly I was! I grow big babies who like it inside their mama! And I'm proud of it!

Now, don't get me wrong...I don't want this pregnancy to last TOO much longer. I hope she's out before 12/31 (yes, as a CPA, I want that tax deduction!), but I wouldn't do anything to get her out before she's ready.

At our 39 week appointment, Brent and I discussed with Liane (our midwife) what we would do should she decide she still likes it inside at 41+ weeks. So we have a tentative plan in place, so she won't cook any longer than 42 weeks. Hopefully it doesn't come to that because I SOOOOO want to do this naturally. I feel like I missed out on a lot of the experience with Trent. I have no idea what a real contraction feels like or what early labor is like. Our experience with him was so sterile and clinical. Some people think I'm crazy for wanting to know. And they don't mind expressing their opinions to me. Lucky for them, I don't fire back too harshly. {grin}

I have a whole post in mind for WHY I want to want a natural birth and why I think it's better...but I'll save it for another day. Maybe after I accomplish my goal.  Hee hee.

I am looking forward to the end of this journey but am soaking up the last few days of Trent being our only child. We had an amazing Christmas where he got too many toys, watched too many videos, ate too much crap...and it was wonderful. My mother-in-law got me a massage as a Christmas present, so I might be trying to squeeze that in today. 

I think I should celebrate reaching my due date!

2 comments:

plauschinat said...

I completely understand why you would want a natural birth. My first was a c-section, and I desperately wanted a VBAC for my second. I hope it all works out for you. And definitely go get that massage today ;)

the blogivers said...

Happy D Day to you! Can't wait to hear the news when she arrives!