Thursday, December 27, 2012

Baby Gurl Bumpdate - 40 Weeks

Just another day in this never-ending pregnancy... {grin} I had my 40 week appointment today, and as usual, Baby Gurl is perfect. Blood pressure was 125/69, fundal height was measuring exactly 40 cm, no signs of pre-eclampsia, baby's heart rate was great. Liane (midwife) thinks Baby Gurl will weigh something that starts with an 8 if she's born in the next week and 9 if I go another week. I grow big babies who like it inside apparently!

We discussed a plan for next week...if I'm still pregnant. I will have a cervical exam, a non-stress test and my fluid levels will be checked. If there are any concerns at that appointment, we'll develop a plan. Chances are everything will be fine, and we'll sit tight. The night before 42 weeks, we would start an induction (with a balloon to start to dilate my cervix). So, at the latest, her birthday will be January 9, 2013. But let's hope it doesn't come to that!

40 weeks!

Weight Gain: 37 pounds. I was shocked it wasn't more after eating non-stop for all our holiday festivities.

Maternity Clothes: It is ridiculous at what fits right now. Almost nothing. I am doing laundry constantly so the 3 shirts that fit are clean!

Movement: She is such a crazy baby. Last night she kicked me so hard my whole body jumped. I think she's getting tired of being inside...or maybe that's just wishful thinking! Lots of hiccups which are too cute.

Sleep: Better but still not great. My sinuses are still all sorts of jacked up, but I've got a routine of meds/nose spray/steam/sinus rinsing that seems to be keeping me mostly clear and helping me sleep. I am taking a nap almost every day too. Glorious.


What I Miss: A lot of the same...mainly the ease of my body. I want to use my nose and be able to get up and down quickly and play on the floor with Trent. I hate having to tell him 'Mama can't do that right now.'

Cravings: I'm honestly not ever really hungry anymore...but that doesn't stop me from eating comfort foods. 

Symptoms: This should be 'lack of symptoms'. I am still having occasional contractions but very mild and very sporadic. That's it.


Best Moment of the Week: Celebrating Christmas! I guess the best baby-related moment is just really feeling ready. There's nothing we need to do - we are as prepared as we're going to be for her arrival and that's a good feeling.

Worst Moment of the Week: B and I did realize we don't really know WHERE to go when it's time to go to the hospital. I'm just going to rely on our doula for that I guess. Ha.

Other Random Stuff: I get texts all day long asking if I'm in labor. It's pretty comical. Every time I call my parents, my mom answers the phone 'Are you in labor?' Nope.


Here's to this being the last update...but I guess we'll see!

2 comments:

Adventures of Three Harts said...

You look great at 40 weeks! Fingers crossed she doesn't make you hold out for another two. In pregnant time, that must be like 1000 years. If so, I'm saying you deserve a top of the line Mother's Day gift this year :)
Good luck in these final days. Can't wait to hear about her birth and see her cute face!

The Krause's said...

Come on Baby Gurl!!! I hope she makes her debut soon ;) XO