Thursday, December 6, 2012

Baby Gurl Bumpdate: 37 Weeks

Well, I'm officially full-term. Technically, Baby Gurl can safely come at any point, but I really want her to cook a little longer. If things worked out according to my plan {which I know they won't}, ideally she would come between 12/26 and 12/31. I want us to be able to enjoy Christmas and if she comes early, chances are we won't do much anything. I would feel bad because we'd be causing Trent to miss out on so much fun. And by 12/31 because I'm an accountant and want the tax deduction. Duh.

I figured since I'm going to the doctor every week, I'd start doing updates every week. I think it'll be fun to look back on this last month especially.

My appointment was great overall, but I did find out I tested positive for Group B Strep. It's really not a big deal...or shouldn't be but for some reason it bums me out. All it means is I will need to get IV antibiotics when I am at the hospital, but I was hoping to avoid being attached to an IV pole at all. Oh well, such is life!

I spent about 30 minutes talking with my OB mostly about when I actually go into labor since it will be a different experience than with Trent. Not to be a broken record, but I just LOVE my new OB and midwife! Baby is head down and everything was measuring/testing great.


Full-term mama! {These are all really cloudy...sorry!}


Weight Gain: 32 pounds

Maternity Clothes: I am seriously outgrowing what I have. A friend/co-worker said this meant I could work from home every day. I wish! And don't get me started on how uncomfortable my bras are right now!!

Movement: I keep expecting her to slow down in there as she runs out of room, but it ain't happening! I absolutely love feeling her dance parties, although they are starting to get a wee bit painful.

Sleep: I'd say mediocre at best. I am having trouble some nights falling asleep, and I'm awake pretty much from 5:00 onward. I'm also super hot, so I go to bed not under any covers which is so weird for me.

What I Miss: The ease at which my body used to work. Rolling over, bending, getting up, breathing...they are all a challenge.



Cravings: No real cravings. I just like to eat!

Symptoms: Nothing new. Still occasional, very minor contractions. Some back pain. Still minimal swelling {thank God}.

Best Moment of the Week: Going to court! I know placenta encapsulation is a really weird topic for most people, but I am beyond excited. It feels really nice to have that checked off the list. Also, my sweet co-workers surprised me with gift cards to a spa and a baby store. Such sweet peeps!

Worst Moment of the Week: I wouldn't say there's a specific moment, but I find myself having no patience with Brent and less than I'd like with Trent. I can recognize when I'm being irrational {a.k.a. a giant B}, but it's like I have no control over it!

Other Random Stuff: I'm starting to stress a little about what's not done. Nothing is critical (except probably installing her car seat), but I just want to feel more complete. 95% of her clothes are put away - which in itself was a big project. I have a few more things to buy to make me feel 'ready'. I want to get her collage wall done, which is a project for next week when I'm taking a day off. I want my car really cleaned out and scrubbed down because it's a disgusting mess. I need to finish my Christmas shopping/present wrapping. See? A little overwhelming!


Comparison {why do I have crazy eyes in both pics?}
This week I think they look almost identical!


3 comments:

the blogivers said...

Congrats on making it this far! Hope the next few weeks crawl (so you can tie up loose ends) and fly by (so you can meet her already), all at the same time :)

The Watkins Family said...

It's so awesome how you have kept up with both pregnancies through your blog! Wish I would've been blogging when I was pregnant with Aubrey and Adelyn!! Looking forward to seeing pics of Baby Gurl!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

you look great, allena! keep growing and doing good, baby gurl!!