Thursday, August 16, 2012

Movie Review: Friends with Kids

Brent bought 'Friends with Kids' off our pay-per-view yesterday.  Within 10 minutes of starting it, he texted me that I should watch it.  When it was over, he texted me again to tell me to watch it.  So last night, I did!


PlotTwo best friends decide to have a child together while keeping their relationship platonic, so they can avoid the toll kids can take on romantic relationships.

Review:  I thought this was a great movie!  I usually don't review a lot of the stuff we watch on demand, because it's a different experience than in the theater, but #1 - I liked this enough to blog about and 2 - I am short on material today. {grin}  A lot of the movie was stereotypical about how having a kid impacts your relationship with your spouse.  But it's stereotypical for a reason.  Brent and I both identified with the movie a lot.  One couple argues a lot and cuss at each other, but at the end of the day are solid.  That's me and Brent.  Ha.  At its core, this movie is a romantic comedy, so that definitely scored points with me, but the subject matter made it great too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Briefly remember previews for this. Sounds good. Allison

Jenn said...

I really enjoyed this movie! I am glad that someone else liked it too.