Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Book Overload!

Within the last 48 hours, I've read parts of 3 books.  Not THAT unusual for me to have multiple books going at 1 time, but what's totally weird is that all 3 of them are technically non-fiction. And all 3 insanely good in different ways.

Busy reading!

I don't want to turn this into a long 3-part book review, but I find my topics right now amusing.

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks - It's essentially about a woman who died of cervical cancer in 1951.  Doctors took her cells (standard procedure) and were able to get them to grow in a culture.  These cells were a part of hundreds if not thousands of scientific discoveries.

The Vaccine Book - written by a pediatrician presenting a lot of information about each vaccine. I don't think I want to get into a vaccine discussion here because I know it's a hot topic for a lot of moms.  But I wanted to make sure I was informed this time around.  With Trent, my post-partum had me too scared to even think about what I was doing.  I regret that a lot.  It was the place I was in at the time, but this time I around (especially given my more natural {weird according to B} tendencies), I wanted to make sure I know what I'm doing.

The Monster of Florence - about a serial killer in Florence, Italy who has never been caught and the disastrous police investigation to solve the crimes.

See?  Totally random, right?  But I highly recommend all 3!  {I guess I couldn't get away from there being a little bit of a book review after all.}

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks was a very interesting book. May have to check out the Minster if Florence, if not too gruesome. You are better than me - can inly concentrate on one book at a time. - Allison