Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!!

Last Halloween, I pretty much stunk it up as a mommy.  I vowed to do better this year, and I'd say I {mostly} did.  Trent and Miles dressed up as the Biscuit Brothers (and Blair was their sister, Buttermilk).  We met up with some friends who have a little girl, Kinsey, that is in between Miles and Trent in age.  And this was our FIRST time to trick-or-treat!!  

**Warning - picture overload to follow.**

Eating dinner - Trent ate approximately 2 bites of his cornbread.  Sigh.

I fed Baby Girl and hung out with her for a bit.

Uncle David is so silly

Posing for pictures...but wait!  We're missing a Biscuit Brother!

Oh...there he is!  Having a tantrum over Miles' guitar!!
Crummy picture quality but such a memory.

Performing for his captive audience

It's Buttermilk!

Our first house!  And T's got the guitar.  We're all happy again.

I mean seriously.  He's totally worth all the fits!

I was so amazed because they totally understood what to do, weren't afraid of the adults and couldn't get enough candy!

Little hoodlums beating up a ghosty.

Trolling for candy.

SO easily distracted...they were 'opening' the fire hydrant.

And that was our night!!  Whew.  We were only out on the street about 30-45 minutes and it was exhausting.  Brent has been sick the past 2 days, so we are avoiding him like the plague, and it was definitely tough to wrangle a 2 year old hyped up on sugar but so fun!!  Glad we've got a year to recover!


One thing I want to remember is Trent walking around with his hands in his pocket telling me everything that was in them (nothing was actually there): "I've got keys and lipstick and a wallet in my pockets!!"  Love this kid!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh what a fun Halloween. We actually had quite a few trick or treaters and it will a blast to see all the costumes. I, truthfully, thought it was going to be a really hard night for me but it ended up being okay.