Monday, October 17, 2011

Book Review: Matched

It is a little bit scary how much I <3 YA (young adult) books.  But it seems like a few of you do too, so I have a new read for you!

Matched by Ally Condie


Synopsis: For Cassia, nothing is left to chance--not what she will eat, the job she will have, or the man she will marry. In Matched, the Society Officials have determined optimal outcomes for all aspects of daily life, thereby removing the "burden" of choice. When Cassia's best friend is identified as her ideal marriage Match it confirms her belief that Society knows best, until she plugs in her Match microchip and a different boy’s face flashes on the screen. This improbable mistake sets Cassia on a dangerous path to the unthinkable--rebelling against the predetermined life Society has in store for her. {via}

Review:  I know, I know...another dystopian society book.  That is going to be a trilogy.  And where the book rights have already been sold to be made into a movie.  BUT...there's a reason this formula is still around...it's another great book!  I didn't like it as much as I liked Divergent, but I did enjoy it a lot.  It's not quite as exciting or fast paced, but this book seemed to be the lead-up to more excitiment in the next book.  What I'm super excited about is the second book comes out November 1, so in just a few weeks, we can all read Crossed, too!  Enjoy, all my YA lovin' peeps!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, interesting. Adding it to my list of books to read.