Sunday, July 31, 2011

Book Review: The Help

I finally got around to reading 'The Help'.  When I first started seeing people blog about it, I thought it was a 'self-help' book, so I definitely was clueless!  Some friends and I have started a book club, and this is our first selection.  So if you're interested, we're meeting August 14 at my house and maybe going to the movie too!


Synopsis: A look at what happens when a southern town's unspoken code of rules and behavior is shattered by three courageous women who strike up an unlikely friendship. {imdb.com}

Review: This might be my favorite book of the year!  I absolutely loved this book and had a hard time putting it down.  I loved that the book was told from 3 different points of view and enjoyed the multiple perspectives.  If you want to know more of what I think, come to book club!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

This was a great book. I read it last summer before I knew it was going to be a movie. When I finished it, I told Dave, "I bet they make this into a movie" ha!! Love that Emma Stone is going to be in it...love her.

Kelly said...

I want to read this for sure!! My book club is currently reading The Happiness Project.

plauschinat said...

I loved this book! I will probably go see the movie too but I cant imagine it touching the book.