Monday, August 2, 2010

A Mommy Moment

Yesterday, I had one of those moments as a Mommy that I don't want to forget. Trent ran fever for 4 or 5 days the week before last, finally stopped running fever and was healthy for only 4 days before he started having his 'tummy issues'. With said 'tummy issues' he wouldn't eat much (understandably). I was chasing him around the house with Pedialyte trying to get him to drink (so fun, let me tell you). He was doing much better yesterday when I tried to feed him dinner. My son is a terribly picky eater - he wants to eat ALL carbs and won't even try any fruit (although he will eat some veggies). I FINALLY got him to eat half a banana yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!! He was so adorable - I let him hold the banana and every time he took a bite I would cheer for him. I think he ate more for the cheers than the food, but whatever works. I was so happy I teared up. Probably boring/silly to anyone else, but to me, priceless!

2 comments:

RedWhiting's said...

Mine would never drink the pedialyte liquid...but they loved the popsicles! You do what you can to get them to get it down any way you can :)

Sherry said...

Oh girl, I have a picky, picky eater on my hands too! I can't tell you the amount of food we end up throwing away at each meal because she says she is "full" after 2 bites. Today it was an entire banana. In the trash. SO frustrating!! Yay for Trent's banana success!