Sunday, January 10, 2010

TMI?

So I debated sharing this story...but finally decided it was just too funny not to. It might be in the 'oversharing' category...but I think that's one of the things I do best. :) Moving on. Friday morning I woke up at 3:00 AM (my child was talking to himself in his crib) to a clogged milk duct and a weird tingling/burning in my nipple (I can't really think of a better word to use for nipple but it kind of makes me feel dirty - ha). It felt like it had been rubbed raw, maybe from the 4 times of pumping I had to do that day from being at work all day?? There's really nothing to do for a clogged duct at 3:00 AM (or at least nothing I'm willing to do at 3:00 AM), so I tried to go back to sleep. Very tough given the discomfort I was feeling. Anyway, Trent woke up a little after 6:00 AM, so I quickly nursed him to help relieve some of the pressure on the duct....OWWWWWWWW!!! I definitely rubbed the n----- (better?) raw! Then I found my heating pad thingy that I use for clogged ducts (thanks Mom!) and heated it in the microwave and AHHHH relief. 30 minutes later I'm about to take a shower. What are those red marks all over my breast? Oh geez...did I burn myself with my heating pad thingy? Apparently so. Get out of the shower, where's the lanolin (haven't had to use that since about 2 weeks after Trent was born)? Find the lanolin...geez...it is most definitely Friday! I went to work with red welts on my breast (covered up of course), lanolin slathered all over my n----- and some intense discomfort. Reason 1,805,630 why Trent better put me in a good nursing home when I'm really old! Oh the joys of motherhood! How did you end your week?

1 comments:

A Real Housewife said...

Aaron was sitting next to me as I was reading this yesterday....As soon as I started reading, I yelled "Look away! Look away! You do not want to know about this..." I thought he was going to gag! Ugh, men.