Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Book Club Goes to the Movies: Me Before You

Our book club keeps picking books that are turned into movies, and we try to go see them when we can. We read Me Before You about 18 months ago {review here}, and the movie finally came out this past weekend! We were excited to see it, but it certainly didn't hurt that it has actors from Game of Thones, Hunger Games, AND Harry Potter!!!


Plot: A girl in a small town forms an unlikely bond with a recently paralyzed man she's taking care of.

Review: Oh.my.word. Cue the ugly cries. We LOVED it! This was actually really pretty true to the book {only a few things I could think of that were different}, and I loved the actors who portrayed the main characters. It was actually a lot funnier than I thought it would be, and I enjoyed myself the whole way through. I really hope they make the sequel book {After You} into another movie as well. Love, love, love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite books (though After You was just alright) & a great movie!!! 2 thumbs up!!! - AP

Kathryn Bagley said...

I will have to read the books but I hated (and loved) the movie!! And I was trying to figure out where I knew the guy from and then you said Hunger Games..ha!

Karen Peterson said...

I haven't read the book or seen the movie and I just don't know if I want to, given what I know about the plot. We'll see...