Friday, December 4, 2015

November Reads


November started the Fall/Winter Book Challenge, and I read 6 books this month with 5 books counting for the challenge! I feel like I'm off to a great start, but I still have some categories I don't even know what I am going to read. Allison gave me her update, and she's 1 book ahead!


The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (Read a book with a verb in the title - 20 points!) - I hadn't heard of this series {Cormoran Strike} until looking up books for the challenge. These are about a down-and-out P.I. in London and the cases he solves with his assistant. BUT!!! They are actually written by J.K. Rowling! These are nowhere near as good as Harry Potter, but I like the stories and really like Cormoran and Robin and look forward to reading more.

After You by JoJo Moyes (Read a book that does not take place in your current country of residence - 10 points!) - This was a sequel to Me Before You that our book club read last year {and will be coming out as a movie soon!!!}. I don't feel like I can say anything about this book without giving away how Me Before You ended. It was set in London and follows the same main character, Louisa Clark, and was a great follow-up to an already amazing story. PLEASE read them both!

The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (Read a book published under a pseudonym - 15 points!) - The 2nd Cormoran Strike book and the 3rd book I read this month set in London {definitely a place I want to go someday}. I probably liked the case better in The Cuckoo's Calling but I really enjoyed getting to know the characters better and am really looking forward to the next book. Just waiting on the electronic library's waiting list.

The Space Between by Diana Gabaldon (Read a book that has between 100-200 pages - 5 points!) - Another Outlander novella about some minor characters. You wouldn't understand it at all if you haven't read the series, but if you haven't guessed...I love this series! So you should probably read Outlander ASAP.

Yes Please by Amy Poehler (Read a book that someone else has used for the challenge - 10 points!) - Allison and I had to swap lists from the previous challenge, since we don't know anyone else doing it, so I picked this from her list. I love Amy Poehler and reading this has me re-watching Parks and Recreation, but if you want to read a funnier biography by a former female SNL comedian, read Bossypants.

The Liar by Nora Roberts - Another great read by Nora Roberts. I think I have read at least 50 of her books, and I've really enjoyed probably 90% of them.

I was busier than I realized in November, and I'm already off to a good start for December. Happy reading!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are off to a great start! Reading Northern Lights for my book from your list. Live JoJo Moyes & am liking the Comoran Strike series, too. - AP

Kathryn Bagley said...

You seriously amaze me!! :)

Karen Peterson said...

I'm almost finished with one of my books for the challenge. I'll be happy to get 5 points again this time around! I am just not prioritizing reading and it's a problem.

Cuckoo's Calling is on my list, by the way!