Monday, February 1, 2016

Weekend Randoms

We had a busy weekend, and I took a sum total of about 2 pictures. Boo!

  • Friday, I took a day off work, and my mom, mother-in-law, sister, and I went on a trip to Magnolia Market! If you're an HGTV watcher, you've probably heard of Fixer Upper {and if you aren't, check it out on Netflix} - well, this is their store. We had such a fun trip. I bought a few things there and then some stuff at an antique store and another small-town decor shop. We had lunch at a cute local restaurant. Slowly this house will get decorated!
My purchases!
  • Saturday, we started the day with a donut shop birthday party for another 3-year-old. Then, we took the kids to my parents for a little Babs and Pops slumber party! Brent and I had a little date day!! We went to a local restaurant to watch Aggie basketball with friends {who won, Whoop!}. Then I had to hop over to church, so Brent played 9 holes of golf. We met back up after that for dinner and then some fun at a local bar.
  • Sunday consisted of church, exercise {yay!}, grocery store, haircuts, a visit with Nana and Papa {Trent's comment was 'Two grandmothers in one day?!?!' Loved that!}, 
Highlights of the weekend:
  • Eating out 3 times AND being in a bar really test my Whole 30 resolve. BUT I have completed week 1 and it's going great! It is much easier to slip back into Whole 30 than to start it from scratch.
  • I really enjoy time with my mom, sister, and mother-in-law. I wish we got to spend more time with them WITHOUT children which seems to be the sticky point.
  • We joined a local country club, and our dinner Saturday was my first time there. So excited to have it in the spring and summer for the kiddos!
  • We had amazing weather all weekend - upper 70s! Made for lots of great time outside.


4 comments:

Erika said...

Oooh Magnolia Market?! How fun!! I'm impressed you managed so many restaurants and a bar and stayed W30 compliant!! That was really hard for me! But then again, I got REALLY sick of cooking, sooo...sometimes it was worth the struggle!

the blogivers said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend, too! Love your Magnolia Market purchases!

Kathryn Bagley said...

Love all the fun stuff you got!!

Karen Peterson said...

You joined a country club?? I don't think I've ever known anyone who has been a member of a country club. That is SO COOL.

It sounds like you had such a good weekend!