Thursday, February 25, 2016

Oscar 2016 - My Predictions!

So now that we're days away from the Oscars and I have officially seen all the movies I have time to see, I've been thinking about the movies I was able to see and who I want to win and/or who I think should win {sometimes those don't match, ha}. Allison and I did great and out of the 16 films that received a nomination below, I saw 13 {I highlighted in red those I didn't see}! So here's who I want to win and who I think will win.

Sorry for 2 potentially nerdy, boring posts in a row, but you guys know how I feel about my books and movies!

Best Supporting Actress

  • Jennifer Jason Leigh, The Hateful Eight
  • Rooney Mara, Carol
  • Rachel McAdams, Spotlight
  • Alicia Vikander, The Danish Girl
  • Kate Winslet, Steve Jobs

Who I want to win: Out of the 3 I saw, my favorite would be Rachel McAdams because I didn't like Carol at all and Steve Jobs was just okay. I'm kind of surprise Kate Winslet won awards for her role because I didn't think it was anything special.
Who I think will win: Alicia Vikander seems to be getting all the buzz.

Best Supporting Actor
  • Christian Bale, The Big Short
  • Tom Hardy, The Revenant
  • Mark Ruffalo, Spotlight
  • Mark Rylance, Bridge of Spies
  • Sylvester Stallone, Creed
Who I want to win: Tom Hardy - Y'all. If I hadn't known it was him in this movie, I wouldn't have recognized him. He totally transformed himself into his character and it was NUTS!
Who I think will win: I think Sylvester Stallone is the sentimental win. And honestly I'd be okay with any of these guys! Christian Bale seems to be the weakest to me, but these were all great performances.

Best Actress
  • Cate Blanchett, Carol
  • Brie Larson, Room
  • Jennifer Lawrence, Joy
  • Charlotte Rampling, 45 Years
  • Saoirse Ronan, Brooklyn
Who I want to win: Saoirse Ronan - Brooklyn was my favorite of this awards season, and I thought Saoirse knocked it out of the part.
Who I think will win: Brie Larson - and she totally deserves it too. Honestly, I disliked JoyCarol, and 45 Years so either of the other 2 will make me happy!

Best Actor

  • Bryan Cranston, Trumbo
  • Matt Damon, The Martian
  • Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant
  • Michael Fassbender, Steve Jobs
  • Eddie Redmayne, The Danish Girl

Who I want to win: Leonardo DiCaprio - he killed this role!

Who I think will win: Leonardo DiCaprio. I've heard some people say Michael Fassbender could steal it, and he did a good job in Steve Jobs, but I think I could stand around and yell at people and be an a$$hole {Brent would say I do it daily}, but would I deserve an Oscar for it?

Best Picture
  • Spotlight
  • The Big Short
  • The Revenant
  • Mad Max: Fury Road
  • The Martian
  • Bridge of Spies
  • Brooklyn
  • Room
Who I want to win: I would be happy with Spotlight, The Revenant {a bit shocking for me how much I did like this movie}, or Brooklyn. Brooklyn is my sentimental favorite.
Who I think will win: Spotlight or The Revenant


3 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

I read your post because I look forward to it daily but I have no idea about any of it since I saw ZERO of these movies!

Anonymous said...

Pretty much agree with your predictions. Guess we will find out on Sunday! Or Monday morning considering I don't actually watch the Oscars despite all the effort I've put in to seeing the movies! - AP

Karen Peterson said...

I'm still in shock over the results.