Friday, February 5, 2016

Finally...Some House Decor!

We've lived in our house now for over 9 months {that shocks me}, and other than the kids' room and 1 thing in the playroom, the rest of the walls in the house are completely empty. It's almost like I'm paralyzed to do anything because it is overwhelming to think about doing it all. PLUS, we have some really big walls with lots of space to fill!

Luckily, I have a friend {my kindergarten best friend actually} who is trying to start an interior design business, so I'm going to be a portfolio builder for her. She's already given me a lot of great advice and has started to make things happen. 

For the entry way, originally we talked about doing a big mirror, since it's one big wall that serves no purpose. {In the original floor plan, there was an office to the right and the dining room to the left. Well, we didn't want a dining room, so we turned it into the office and walled off the other side and made that room our closet.} But the more I thought about the mirror, the more I saw $$$ for a space that would never really be used. So instead we're putting a giant G {think over 5 feet tall!} there! The wood cost $25 and a friend of Jenn's cut it for us for free! Talk about a huge score for us!

The G!!!

Now, I have to decide on a color for it, eek! I am so indecisive, so I need to make a decision soon, so we can paint it and get it on the wall!

Then, after my trip to Magnolia Market, I had 2 candle sticks on 1 side of the fireplace and nothing on the other. My sister suggested a lantern, which I loved the idea of, but I didn't love the price tags we saw on our shopping trip {$80 on average}. Enter Michael's! I stopped there on a whim the other day and scored BIG TIME. I got a lantern 40% off that matched the candle sticks perfectly and also a really cool vase.

How perfect do they all match? I just need 1 more candle and it's complete!

Lastly {for now}, we've got a focus on the kitchen. There's really only 2 spots that 'need' decoration on the walls.  I've bought a few knick-knacks to go on the counters and in the shelves built into the island. We're going to do something cool with an old window pane from my parents' hometown and then I also found some letters to spell 'YUM' for the other space. Totally cliche I know but still cute!

Hopefully people agree when they eat my food!

So that's the latest for what's going on in decor land of the house!! Maybe in another 9 months I'll be done?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the 'g' in person. I think that will look great! - AP

Kathryn Bagley said...

Can't wait to see all the fun decorating that will be going on!