Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Okay, Okay...My Top 10 From The Golden Globes

I actually did have a few requests for at least some thoughts on the fashion Sunday night. So here are my Top 10 ladies from last night's show.

A few thoughts:

  • J.Lo shocked me with her NOT displaying all her goodies. The dress was a little too yellow for me, but overall a standing ovation for her.
  • White was the color of the night!
  • I for the most part enjoyed the tuxedos more than usual - lots of little patterns that really looked nice.
  • There were a lot more dresses I didn't like than I did. Lots.
  • Kate Hudson might be the new J.Lo - she is always showing too much skin.
  • I didn't love J.Law's dress. #sueme
Without further adieu, here's my faves!!


10. Alicia Vikander
I don't know what it is about this dress. 
At first glance, it seems really simple and almost child-like. 
But the more I look at it, the more I like it!


9. Taraji P. Henson
Cookie had it going on!

8. Olivia Wilde
I don't think I saw another dress this color, and it's a great color on her.
I wish her eye make-up wasn't the same color? And maybe less messy hair?

7. Lily James
Not crazy about her hair either, but this dress look so beautiful on her!

6. Jaimie Alexander/ Jenna Dewan-Tatum
This is a tie because their dresses, hair, and make-up are almost identical.
I like Jenna's dress a little better though. {And her husband a lot better!}

5. Helen Mirren
She is my style inspiration for aging gracefully.

4. Kirsten Dunst
If you have been reading my blog at all, you know how I feel about inner boob.
Kirsten nailed it!


3. Saoirse Ronan
Maybe it's because I'm still glowing from my love of Brooklyn.
Or maybe she just looks perfect!

2. Amy Adams
This color on her. One word - wow!
And the little bit of shimmer. Loved it!

1. Brie Larson
I loved this look. Side cutouts seemed to be hot too, hers were the best.
And her hair was simple, make-up was perfect. And that smile? Loved it!


And for fun...my least favorite:
The ladies from Carol {Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara} - 
They wanted to look as bad physically was their movie was painful to watch!

What do you think? Did I get it right? Who were your faves {and least faves} of the night?


4 comments:

Misty, Handbags + Handguns said...

I really did like Alicia's dress. I think it was the fact that the top almost looked like a bib with too much side boob. So close! It looked beautiful on tv though. I must have accidentally deleted Amy's picture. She was on my almost best dressed list. She looked great.

Karen Peterson said...

I just can't quite get myself to love Brie Larson's dress. I don't know. I think the cutouts just emphasize her abs in a weird way or something.

And I really didn't like JLo's dress. The color was fine. In fact it was mostly fine. But I really didn't like how high that slit was. I think I'm just getting really sick of slits that go practically all the way to the waist.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I don't remember anyone specifically, but I do seem to feel there were a lot of cape-y type sleeve dresses going on. Not sure I am into those. - AP

Kathryn Bagley said...

My fav was Rose and I agree about her hair! blah