Sunday, January 17, 2016

2016 Goals

I'm a little late posting about goals for 2016, but I spent a lot of time thinking about big picture goals as well as smaller, every day goals. 

I have a few things I want to accomplish this year that expand on some things I started in 2015. Namely continue to focus on (1) overall organization and cleanliness {I really feel like I made progress this year - still not where I want to be but definitely made improvements}, (2) my growth as a wife and mother {I would definitely say I feel the most guilt at the end of the day at my failings in this arena but again made progress this year and want to continue that}, and (3) my health {going to do another Whole 30 round and focus on paleo recipes and our new gym membership - cliche? totally!}.

But I also made a few goals that I won't accomplish in January but wanted to write them down to be able to track my progress since these 3 will have a definite visible result as compared to my 'growth' goals.



1. Shutterfly all the pictures - I did a good job for a while of uploading pictures monthly to Shutterfly to not run the risk of losing them. And I started making photobooks instead of printing pictures. But then I lost momentum. So I don't have a photobook past the spring of 2012, and I don't have 2014 onward uploaded. So this will be a big goal for the year!

2. Decorate the house - Brent and I talked about how I am pretty much paralyzed with inability to decorate our house. I have some ideas for what I want to do in a few areas but not a cohesive plan...yet. I have a friend helping me, and I think we're going to start going one room at a time and probably with the kitchen since it has the least needs. I am also planning a trip to Magnolia Market and am SO pumped. I love Fixer Upper so I hope I can find a few things there!

3. Make a will - I have been on Brent for years {that's what she said} that we need to make a will...it's so terrible that we don't have one. Patty doesn't either and we both told each other our plans in case we both died with our spouses, so at least there's that {pitiful as it is}, but I definitely want to get something formalized sooner rather than later.

So there are my goals {big and small!} for 2016! Here's to a great year!!


2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

We need to make a trip to Canton!! That would be so fun :)

Karen Peterson said...

These are really good goals!

I need to do SOMETHING with all my old pictures. I have so many and am literally doing nothing with them.