Friday, December 12, 2014

The First Last 48: A Timeline

The last 2 days have just been some that make you shake your head and laugh at all the insanity. These are the days that make me wonder how I will ever convince Brent we should go for another baby! Or if I am insane for wanting another. {Brent, zip it!} Let me share...

Thursday
2:15 AM - Trent wakes me up scaring me half to death asking me to help him blow his nose because it's stopped up. We blow his nose and he goes back to sleep.
2:30 AM - Trent is back. He wants to get in bed with us.
2:30 - 2:55 AM - He snorts, sniffles, and rubs his toes up and down my legs. I get up and go get in his bed.
5:00 AM - Drew wakes up blazing hot. #awesome

*Normal morning routine follows, but Brent stays home in the morning so I don't have to wake up Drew for a ride to school.*

9:00 AM - Drew wakes up and fever is gone!

*Spend morning trying to work and entertain baby.*

4:00 PM - Entire family goes to look at house. Lots of progress happening! Rain though so everyone is muddy! Trent falls down and gets a cactus thorn in his leg.
5:00 PM - On the ride home, Trent won't stop his extreme sniffling routine, and Drew is singing Love is an Open Door. Brent and I just laugh.
7:30 PM - After making Trent stand in a shower for 20 minutes trying to clear his nose, we try to use a sinus rinse. He repeatedly squirts himself with saline water in the eye. Hilarious.

Friday
7:15 AM - Wake Drew up who is clammy feeling. Decide to see if my mom can watch her just in case she is still not 100%.
7:45 AM - Drew begins barfing. Yup, I'd say she's not 100% yet. [Sidebar: This is the first time in 5 1/2 years of parenting I've had a kid throw up.]
8:00 AM - Brent takes Trent to school. The barfing continues. Operation wash everything and use Thieves oil on everything begins.
11:00 AM - Still barfing and now the school calls to pick up Trent for behavior. Sigh.

Let the good times keep on coming!

3 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

But it's Friday :) praying everyone feels better and yall have a great weekend!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I'm impressed that this is the first puking incident you've had!

Adventures of Three Harts said...

I'm hoping the next 24 hours weren't so crappy!