Sunday, June 1, 2014

Well, I Lied....A Little Bit

I spoke a little too soon Thursday about Trent's recovery! 

Friday morning, he woke Brent up at 6:00 to say his throat was hurting. Brent gave him some medicine, and Trent got into bed next to me while Brent got ready for work. I noticed that Trent felt a little warm, but the recovery nurse said that a low fever likely meant dehydration and to increase fluids. So that's what I tried to do. We wanted Trent to take it easy again, so he got lots of movies and his favorite snacks.

I took the kids on a wagon ride around 9:30. {Of course Little Miss had some stomach issues on Thursday so no school for her either...and a tooth popped through Friday morning so we can guess what was causing her issues!} When we got home from the walk, I was winded and hot {and before you laugh at me, I am dragging 60+ pounds around with that wagon!}. Trent started acting weird and said he just wanted to lay in our bed and watch Frozen. When I picked him up to put him in bed, he was BURNING up. I took his temperature and it was right at 100. The discharge instructions said to call the doctor if it was over 102. 

Trent fitfully watched Frozen and his temperature steadily climbed. When it got close to 103, I called the doctor. We filled the heavy duty pain meds and bullied him into drinking A LOT of fluids. He kept saying how bad his throat hurt. :(

No light-saber fun here!

Luckily, once we got the heavy duty meds in him, things turned around very quickly. I was a nervous mama there for a little bit! Trent slept great Friday night {I think I would do on the meds he was getting} and slept until almost 9:00 Saturday morning. That hasn't happened since...well...almost never!

We had 1 more lazy day of movies and snacks. I decided that was the last day because he started to be just a bit of a brat off our normal routine! Ha! 

Dancing with Sister. Be still my heart.

Today was a normal day - no medicine and feeling great! The nurse warned me that days 5-7 are the hardest recovery, so we'll see how this week goes. There is no school this week, so we have a mix of me staying home and grandparents taking care of the kids - they'll be in heaving!

So I imagine...er...hope this is my last post about adenoids. {grin} Sorry for how boring this is, but I wanted to chronicle it all!

3 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Hope everyone is on the up and up. Cute picture of them dancing :)

Kathryn Bagley said...

So sorry Trent had a rough patch but glad he's feeling better!!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I'm sorry things weren't perfect, but glad they got better!