Thursday, June 19, 2014

Post Post-Partum

I had something totally different in mind to blog about today...but life has a way of making a post necessary sometimes, and this is one of those posts.

I taught an oils class tonight, and on the way there a song starting playing from my phone playlist, Lady Antebellum's Downtown. I absolutely love and hate that song at the same time. It is such a fun catchy song, but it takes me back to the dark days of post-partum after Drew was born. I can remember bathing her in her little whale tub, and her having a blast in the water while playing recent downloads from my phone, and this being one of them. And hearing that song tonight...ugh...it takes me back to how I felt then. And then it makes me mad that the first few months of both of my kids' lives is tainted. Luckily, it has worn off almost 100% from Trent, and it's a lot better from Drew. But it still just sucks that I {or anyone} had to deal with that. I can't really enjoy any of the good things during the newborn phase.

And then during the class, several of the girls and I were commiserating about some post-partum issues {because essential oils can totally help}. And it made me mad all over again. I truly despise those first few months because I am SO not right emotionally. It hurts to go through it, and it hurts to think about it. Don't get me wrong, I would {and want to} do it all over again, but man, I don't WANT to do that part of it again.

I really didn't have a point to this post, I just needed to get these yucky thoughts out of my head. Overall, I am beyond blessed in my life, so I don't intend to complain too much, but I just really, really wish I didn't have to deal with that ever, and I hope no one else I know ever does too.




1 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

So sorry you had to go through that and don't feel like you enjoyed the first few months of your babies lives but I know they think you're the greatest mom!! (cause you are a GREAT mom :))