Thursday, June 12, 2014

Parenting: The Ultimate Team Sport

There are certain aspects of parenting that are more like a business arrangement. And I guess at the bottom of it, parenting is a business - the business of raising babies!

Take today, for example. Trent had a dentist appointment pretty much right after I pick them up from school. So I called Brent 1 minute from our house to tell him we were almost home. He came outside, told Trent hi, grabbed Drew and went back inside. Then I took T to the dentist.

Throughout his appointment, we sent each other updates. 

B: She's mad and ignoring me
A: Haha
A: [sends picture 1 of T] Watching Mulan
B: She makes a little irritated face when I ask for a kiss


B: I hope he can relax
A: So far so good
A: [sends picture 2] Buildup getting cleaned off those bottom middle 2 teeth {sidebar - one of which is LOOOOOOOOSE!!!!}
B: If I walk down the hall she shuts the door on me!!!
A: He refused to let them brush his teeth so he lost earning a movie
...and so forth

The highlight was the video I got of Sassy Pants {while watching Baby Signing Time and Daddy had the audacity to try and talk to her}.


HAHA! I love my little home business. {grin}

3 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Teamwork in the best. We have great husbands!

Kathryn Bagley said...

Drew is like wth are you talking to me?! love yalls texting convo!

Karen M. Peterson said...

That Drew is just too cute for words!